Is there going to be a 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback?
The Honda Civic Hatchback has been a great alternative to the Civic Sedan ever since it was reintroduced in 2016. Designed for Iowa drivers that require a little more aggressive style and performance than the four-door model, this sporty hatchback carries all of the same legendary benefits that come with the Civic nameplate, only it’s wrapped in a street-smart five-door package. But what the Hawkeye State really wants to know is, “Is there going to be a 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback?” Short answer: Yes! Long answer: Ride along with Vern Eide Honda Sioux City as we take a look at the upcoming 2022 Civic Hatchback release.
What should Sioux City expect from the 2022 Civic Hatchback?
Fresh off the release of a new 2022 Civic Sedan, Honda is introducing an all-new Civic Hatchback as an additional body style option, with the Civic Type R and Civic SI rumored to be next. What can Iowa car shoppers expect from the 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback?
Honda’s newest five-door has been redesigned—from aesthetics to performance equipment to technology upgrades—the new Civic Hatchback is loaded with value. Check out the 2022 model year changes below:
- Every 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback features major enhancements to the body, chassis, powertrain, and overall performance.
- This year’s Honda Civic Hatchback has the largest back seat in the model’s history.
- All 2022 Civic Hatchback trim levels now come with more Honda Sensing® technologies than ever before, including Traffic Jam Assist and Traffic Sign Recognition.
- The 2022 Civic Hatchback LX now comes standard with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration, a 7-inch color touchscreen, push-button start, and LED headlights.
- The 2022 Civic Hatchback Sport sees upgrades in the form of a leather-wrapped shift knob and steering wheel, Sport-exclusive seating surfaces, an 8-speaker audio system, sport pedals, and paddle shifters (CVT only).
- The 2022 Civic Hatchback EX-L is now outfitted with a more powerful turbocharged engine, a one-touch power sliding moonroof, dual-zone automatic climate control, leather upholstery, an 8-way power driver’s seat, heated front seats, heated outside mirrors, and the Blind Spot Information System.
- There are plenty of eye-catching headlines for the 2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, including a new 9-inch color touchscreen display with wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration, a new Bose premium audio system, an all-digital and customizable 10.2-inch instrument display, dual rear USB charging points, LED fog lights, front and rear parking sensors, Low Speed Braking Control, and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
“This is the most fun-to-drive Civic Hatchback we’ve ever made. Our 11th-generation Civic Sedan is already a runaway success and now this all-new Civic Hatchback further amplifies the performance of the Civic lineup.”
Dave Gardner, executive vice president of National Operations at American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Colors
Customizations abound for the 2022 model year with four distinctive trim levels, two engine choices, either a 6-speed manual transmission or CVT, and four accessory packages. But what most Iowa drivers want to know is, “What colors will the 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback come in?” Your paint choices will vary depending on the trim level you select, but here is a complete list of 2022 Civic Hatchback colors, including the newly-added Boost Blue Pearl, Meteorite Gray Metallic, and Smoky Mauve Pearl.
- Sonic Gray Pearl
- Boost Blue Pearl
- Crystal Black Pearl
- Lunar Silver Metallic
- Meteorite Gray Metallic
- Platinum White Pearl
- Rallye Red
- Smoky Mauve Pearl
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Release Date
When can you buy a 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback? Iowa car shoppers can expect this new five-door to arrive at Vern Eide Honda Sioux City around the first day of fall. To be more specific, the American Honda Motor Company has set the 2022 Civic Hatchback release date for September 20, 2021.
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Price
How much will the 2022 Civic Hatchback cost? Great question! While your 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback price will depend on which trim level you choose, MSRPs can be found below.
- 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback LX: $22,900*
- 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport: $24,100*
- 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L: $26,600*
- 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring: $29,400*
If you have questions about the 2022 Civic Hatchback or any other new Honda cars, please call our Sioux City dealership at (712) 587-9140 or use the online contact form on this website.
* MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $1,015 destination charge and accessories. Dealer prices may vary. MSRP does not include $395 charge for premium colors.